Call us on 01273 433 480
Mon to Fri 8am-6pm | Sat 9am-5pm

Bentley’s First Ever Diesel Engine

Bentley’s First Ever Diesel Engine

With Bentley’s parent company being Volkswagen you would think the 'd' word would not dare be uttered after ‘dieselgate’ threatened to destroy their reputation.  But no, Bentley bravely ignored the news and pushed ahead with their first ever diesel engine.

The new Bentley diesel engine will be found inside the Bentley Bentayga, making it the world’s fastest and most powerful diesel off-roader.  This is thanks to a sophisticated triple charge 4.0 litre 429 bhp, V8 engine.  This new diesel engine has 2 conventional turbo chargers along with a third electric 48 volt supercharger.  The new supercharger boosts the engine in a fraction of a second the moment the accelerator pedal is pressed.  This will be particularly noticeable at low speeds as it removes any turbo lag, so there is no waiting around for power. 

The diesel Bentayga will be able to reach a top speed of 168 mph and has a 0-60 mph time of 4.6 seconds.  These impressive figures may lead you to believe the environment is suffering to produce all this power, yet Bentley has produced their lowest emissions ever.  Fuel economy is high for a Bentley at 35.8 mpg and CO2 emissions are measuring at 210 g/km. These figures are helped by the use of a diesel particulate filter, urea injection system and stop/start technology.   A range of 621 miles is possible, 120 miles more than the petrol version. 

Looking at the Bentayga the diesel version will only have very subtle differences to mark it out compared to the petro Bentayga.  The differences to spot are specially designed twin quad exhaust pipes, a black matrix grille with chrome surround and a V8 diesel badge on the lower edge of the front door.

In usual car production, on average, 80% of production time will be spent on manufacturing and the remaining 20% will be spent on the interior trim.  With a Bentley these percentages are reversed.  Each vehicles takes 130 hours to produce as most of the trim is hand crafted.  For example each of the 15 pieces of veneer are hand shaped by skilled artisans.

In another first for the diesel version of the Bentley Bentayga, customers can choose from a 4, 5 or 7 seat option all from one body style, it is the only diesel SUV to offer this versatility. Bentley have also stated the Bentayga will include 20 new innovations such as Head Up Display and Night Vision, not before seen in the Bentley range.   

The diesel Bentley Bentayga will be produced in Crewe and priced lower than its petrol equivalent with a starting price of £135,800, first deliveries are expected in January 2016.

 

What do you think of Bentley's new diesel engine? 

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of High Street Vouchers. Each month Natalie picks her favourite comment from the previous month - get involved for your chance to win...

The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.

Car related news
26 September 2016
Written by Natalie Faughy
Back to car leasing blogNext post Previous post

Latest car Leasing Offers

 

Volkswagen GOLF Arrow

Volkswagen Golf Diesel Hatchback2.0 TDI 184 GTD 5dr

Personal lease
£
per month inc VAT
Initial rental:
£ inc VAT

Business lease
£
per month + VAT
Initial rental:
£ + VAT

  • In Stock
  • Inc Appear Pk + Prem SYNC Nav
Ford KUGA Arrow

Ford
Kuga Diesel Estate
2.0 TDCi Titanium 5dr 2WD

Personal lease
£
per month inc VAT
Initial rental:
£ inc VAT

Business lease
£
per month + VAT
Initial rental:
£ + VAT

  • In Stock
Mercedes-Benz C CLASS Arrow

Mercedes-Benz C Class Diesel SaloonC220d AMG Line 4dr 9G-Tronic

Personal lease
£
per month inc VAT
Initial rental:
£ inc VAT

Business lease
£
per month + VAT
Initial rental:
£ + VAT

More Car Leasing Offers

Rivervale Partners

Arval logo Key associate of Lex Autolease - the UK's leading Fleet Management & Fleet Funding Specialist Alphabet leasing logo BVLRA logo - the trade body for the leasing sector Brighton and Hove FC logo Network Leaseplan logo Sussex Cricket Logo Leasesys Logo Hitachi Capital Logo Santander Consumer Logo
How can we help you?

Have a question? Speak to one of our experts.

Chat

Challenge us to match or beat any other car leasing deal.

More

Get the latest deals straight to your inbox.

Subscribe