Considering a Convertible Car? Here’s all the pro and cons you need to know!
When we take a break from searching out all the best personal and business leasing deals for our customers we often gaze out the window at the sunshine and wish we could be enjoying it! The summer here in the UK is on the way, and let’s face it; we have to enjoy every second as we will be back to dark nights and chilly air soon. A perfect way to get more time in the sun is in a convertible!
To help you decide if a convertible is the car to lease for you we have made a pros and cons list …….
- Really not good as a family car, most only have 2 seats which rules out all the taxi driving most parents endure for years ….. Although on the plus side a convertible may get you out of taxi duty so this could also be a pro!
- Limited boot space means bad news for the weekly shop ……. but good news for the waistline and wallet as you will only have room for the essentials!
- If you spend a fortune on new hair do’s then this will instantly be wasted money…however, if the look you are going for is windswept then a convertible is perfect for you!
- If you are worried about ageing then perhaps don’t pick a convertible as all those extra UV rays could add a few unwanted wrinkles.
- No roof means no protection from ……… bird poo…….By the coast here in Sussex we would be at constant risk from seagull poo …… not a good look on your work suit!
But for every con there are so many more pros …. Here are just a few …..
- Unlimited head room makes a convertible ideal for anybody who is unusually tall, enjoys wearing large hats or is a fan of large hair up do’s.
- Whilst driving to work you can also work on your tan, so will save lots of money on spray tans and self-tan lotions – but please remember your sun cream!
- You will be healthier due to all the extra vitamin D your body can produce from the extra time in the sun.
- You get a perfect 360 degree view, with no pillars to block your view, reduced blind spots will surely make your driving even safer than it already is!
- A convertible means you don’t have to use the door to get in …… You can finally perfect the ‘jumping in’ car entry method we have all seen in the movies!
- Honestly, convertibles look great and are just fun!
So we are all sold convertibles are the way forward just carry extra sun cream to protect against the wrinkles and baby wipes to deal with any bird poo! But which convertible should you get? We have many convertibles available for personal and business lease, but here are is our top pick, most affordable topless fun and the ultimate luxury convertible …….
Our Top Pick is the World’s best-selling 2 seater sports car the Mazda MX5 available with a DVD system, Bluetooth, alloy pedals, sports seats and most importantly of all at the push of a button you are only ever 10.8 seconds away from enjoying the summer sun ……. Perfect!!
1.8i Sport Venture Edition 2dr
Business contract hire £216.24 + VAT per month Initial rental: £1297.44 + VAT
Personal contract hire £262.61 per month Initial rental: £1575.66
Next is the most affordable way you could get your top off and feel the sun on your face behind the wheel……. The super cute retro Fiat 500 has its own convertible version!
1.2 Colour Therapy 2dr
Business contract hire £139.41 + VAT per month Initial rental: £836.46 + VAT
Personal contract hire £170.41 per month Initial rental: £1022.46
Now for the super summer lover who wants the ultimate in convertible luxury at Rivervale Car Leasing we recommend the Mercedes SL not only will the sun shine on you, you can enjoy active park assist, cruise control, wind deflector, rain sensor windscreen wipers, AMG leather sports steering wheel and heated front seats for those cooler mornings!
SL 400 AMG Sport 2dr Auto
Business contract hire £869.03 + VAT per month Initial rental: £5214.18 + VAT
Personal contract hire £1045.39 per month Initial rental: £6272.34
The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.
5 June 2015
Written by Natalie Faughy