Ford Focus ST Review - Does the Exhilarating Meet the Everyday?
There were lots of happy faces when our newest car to review arrive here at Rivervale Car Leasing……It’s the car every boy dreams of driving and the owning one is a mission every man has …… The Ford Focus ST Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDCi 185 arrived in race red.
The Ford Focus ST looks impressive with LED daytime running lights, twin exhaust, 18” Y spoke alloy wheels and front fog lights. Inside Recaro sports seats hug you into place and the flat bottom sports steering wheel gives a nod to the ST’s sporty nature.
Now, in their advertising Ford claim in the Focus ST the exhilarating meets the everyday, it’s not that I’m an untrusting person but I really felt the Rivervale team needed to put this declaration to the test. So on a Friday afternoon at Rivervale Car Leasing HQ the Speed Parking Challenge was created. We have taken the everyday task of parking your car and made it exhilarating by adding speed, some mannequins and a unicorn, watch our video below to find out what happened and who was crowned the Rivervale Leasing Speed Parking Champion 2015 …….
So congratulations to Vince who won the challenge! Here all the official times for all the boys……
Please note: This parking challenge took place on private property and was risked assessed and planned to make sure no humans, mannequins or unicorns were harmed, we do not advise you recreate this challenge at home.
So we agree with Ford the ST does combine the exhilarating with the everyday but did you know the ST can also make your driving experience easier and here’s why ……
- Everything is automatic! Automatic headlights, automatic rain sensing wipers even an automatic diming rear view mirror.
- You can keep connected on the go with USB points, Bluetooth connection with voice control and steering mounted controls.
- Rear view camera makes parking easy.
- Cruise control and speed limiter means it’s less likely a heavy right foot will get you into trouble.
- Hill start assist – never ever roll back embarrassingly again! This little treat gives you a few seconds to get your biting point, making you and others around you marvel at your driving expertise.
- Emergency assistance – if the worse should happen and you need some help your Focus will be on it.
- The Tyre pressure monitoring system will tell you if one of your tyres become underinflated, meaning better fuel economy and optimal grip on the road.
Your every need is catered for!
The diesel version we were driving is capable of 0-62 in an impressive 8.10 seconds and has a top speed of 135 mph. All this power comes with safety too with a 5* NCAP rating and the environment is happy with the Euro 6 emmissions standard passed and in extra urban mode a possible 74.30 mph. We love the Focus so much we have some pre order so we could get potentially get your ST to you in a speedy 3 weeks ……
2.0 TDCi 185 ST-2 5dr
Business contract hire £183.99 + VAT per month Initial rental: £1103.94 + VAT
Personal contract hire £220.99 inc VAT per month Initial rental: £1325.94 inc VAT
If you’re not keen on Diesel there are petrol versions of the Ford Focus ST available on a personal or business lease and if reds not your colour you can choose from Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Frozen White, Deep Impact Blue or my personal favourite Tangerine Scream!!!
The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.
3 August 2015
Written by Natalie Faughy