The 2019 Jaguar F-Pace is Here!
The F-Pace is the first ever SUV from Jaguar. Originally shown the C-X17 concept model in 2013 at the Frankfurt Motor Show the F-Pace was launched in 2016 and sold 80,000 models in it's first year. This impressive sales figure makes the F-Pace Jaguars fastest ever selling car.
The F-Pace is in direct competition with the likes of the Porsche Macan, Land Rover Evoque, BMW X3 and the Audi Q5. The F Pace combines head turning looks with comfort, practicality and space, sports car DNA and high-quality design, making it an attractive option for buyers in the SUV market. In 2017, the F Pace was named World Car Of The Year and World Design Car Of The Year, which is only the second time a car has claimed both awards.
Our Account Manager Jake Zeegan takes you on a tour round the 2019 Jaguar F-Pace …
Exterior Features of The Jaguar F-Pace
Jaguar F-Pace’s lightweight Aluminum Architecture is stiff and strong, offering a positive impact on fuel economy without compromising safety for passengers. It is the lightest vehicle in its class offering a weight distribution of 50:50, meaning performance and ride comfort is always at its best.
Visually the F-Pace is inspired by the F-Type and has agile looks with sporting characteristics. The smooth contours on the bonnet give it a striking, yet aggressive profile, making the car look appealing from any perspective. As you look closer, your eyes are immediately drawn towards Jaguar's signature 'J' blade daytime running lights with the option to upgrade to adaptive LED headlights. They closely replicate daytime to help give you the best visibility at night and reduce fatigue. To the rear are Jaguar's high intensity LED rear lights. Even the alloy wheels offered are all aerodynamically efficient with a choice of sizes from 18"-22".
Interior Features of the F-Pace
On the inside the F-Pace has a class leading boot size with a capacity of 650 litres, along with 40:20:40 split on the rear seats allowing a versatile loading space. Depending on how you fold them, you can have space for larger items like skiing equipment. The rear seats allow enough space for 3 adults to sit comfortably and recline so your passengers can find their perfect position.
Every Jaguar F-Pace comes with InControl which are a range of technologies that keep you connected to your car. As standard the F-Pace is supplied with TOUCH PRO which now features a 10” infotainment touchscreen and allows control of DAB radio, navigation, calls and apps available when connected to a smartphone.
With DUAL VIEW the same 10" touchscreen can be split into 2 so the driver and passenger can view different information. This way the driver can be checking directions while the passenger watches a DVD. Other standard features include; Instrument cluster with 5” Central TDT Display or Interactive Driver Display, Jaguar Sound System (80W) or Meridan Sound System (380W).
Technology and Driver Aids
- Activity Key - Jaguar provide a key which can be worn around the wrist and is waterproof. For those who are swimming, sailing or running it solves the problem of where to keep your key.
- Powered Gesture Tailgate - sensors under the rear bumper allow you to open the boot by waving your foot, ideal when you have your hands full.
- Lane Departure Warning - a visual alert and a gentle vibration of the steering wheel will alert the driver if they have unintentionally veered out of their lane.
- Driver Condition Monitor - any lapses in concentration that could be due to fatigue are detected and an audible alert and visual alert let the driver know it is time to take a break.
- Traffic Sign Recognition with Intelligent Speed Limiter - this technology can detect speed limits and display them to the driver as well as limit speed to make sure the F-Pace never breaks any speed limits.
- Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection - these technologies make sure you always know what's around your vehicle, even when you don't have a clear view. The driver is alerted to objects in their blind spot and if an object is likely to cross your path when reversing the F-Pace will let you know.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Park Assist - your speed is automatically adjusted to maintain a safe distance from the car in front, both reducing speed and increasing speed to the pre-set limit. The F-Pace can be brought to a complete stop in traffic and will move off again automatically when safe to do so.
- Park Assist - this technology takes all the stress out of parking by steering in and out of spaces for you while the driver only needs to control the speed. Other parking aids include a 360-degree surround camera or front and rear parking sensors.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking - if the F-Pace detects a possible forward collision an audible warning will be given followed by a visual warning. If there is no response from the driver the brakes will automatically be applied to reduce the severity of an impact.
Engine Choices for the F-Pace
5 out of the 8 engines for the F-Pace all come from Jaguar's new Ingenium range which use advanced technology and aluminium construction to ensure they deliver maximum power and fuel efficiency with minimum emissions. The choices are as follows;
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4 cylinder 163 PS Turbocharged Diesel
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-cylinder 180PS Turbocharged Diesel
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-clyinder 240PS Twin Turbocharged Diesel
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-cylinder 250PS Turbocharged Petrol
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-cylinder 300PS Turbocharged Petrol
The final 2 engines in the line up are performance version. The performance petrol engine is a 3.0 litre V6 supercharged and has a 0-60mph time of only 5.1 seconds. The diesel performance engine is a 3.0 litre V6 twin turbocharged diesel engine which is only marginally slower than the petrol version with a 0-60mph time of 6.2 seconds.
If buyers want a little more pace in their F-Pace, they can opt for the V8 SVR version. It has a supercharged 5.0 litre V8 petrol engine and has a 0-60mph time of 4.1 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.3 seconds), making it the fastest version in the range.
Jaguar F-Pace Models
There are 5 models to choose from, the entry level F-Pace Prestige, the luxurious F-Pace Portfolio, the extra sporty F-Pace R-Sport, the performance F-Pace S, and the high spec SVR. Examples of key features included at each level are seen in the table below;
Jaguar F-Pace Models
|F-Pace Prestige||F-Pace Portfolio in addition to Prestige||F-Pace R Sport in addition to Portfolio||F-Pace S in addition to R Sport||F-Pace SVR in addition to Prestige|
|18" alloy wheels||19" alloy wheels||19" alloy wheels||20" alloy wheels||SVR body kit including SVR front bumper, SVR body-coloured door claddings with Satin Grey finishers, and SVR rear bumper with Satin Grey finish|
|Full length roof rails||Panoramic glass roof||R-Sport Body kit including R‑Sport front and rear bumpers, body-coloured door claddings with Satin Black finishers||S Body kit including S front and rear bumpers, body-coloured S door claddings with Satin Chrome finishers||21" Style 5080, 5 split-spoke alloy wheels in Satin Technical Grey with contrast Diamond Turned finish|
|Powered tailgate||Xenon headlights with LED signature||Xenon headlights with LED signature||350mm front brakes with Red brake calipers||Quad tailpipes with 95mm finishers|
|Grained leather seats with heated front seats||Perforated Windsor leather luxury seats||Perforated grained leather Sports seats||Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with approach lights||Unique 395mm front and 396mm rear brakes|
|Luxtec wrapped instrument panel topper with wrapped binnacle||Keyless entry||Etched Aluminium trim finisher||10-way electric front seats||Adaptive LED headlights with signature DRL|
|Suedecloth headlining||Rear view camera||R-Sport branded soft grain leather steering wheel||Meshed Aluminium trim finisher||Switchable Active Exhaust|
|Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror||Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with approach lights||Heated windscreen||14-way electric front seats with memory|
|Ambient Interior Lighting||10-way electric front seats||Adaptive Dynamics||Lozenge quilted leather Performance seats, featuring integrated front headrests with SVR embossing|
|Illuminated front treadplates and metal rear treadplates||Front headrests with Jaguar leaper embossing||Configurable Dynamics||Heated and cooled front seats with heated rear seats|
|Navigation Pro||Heated front windscreen||Meridian Sound System (380W)||SportShift Selector|
|Connect Pro||Meridian Sound System (380W)||Keyless Entry||Heated Steering Wheel|
|Front and rear parking aid||Navigation Pro|
|Rear camera||Interactive Driver Display|
|Meridian Sound System|
|Smartphone Pack with Apple® CarPlay and AndroidTM Auto|
Prices for the F-Pace start from £36,820, while the new SVR starts at £75,335. If you would like to discuss F-Pace car leasing options with an Account Manager - request a callback today.
What do you think of the F-Pace?
Leave a Facebook comment for your chance to win £20 of High Street Vouchers. Each month we pick our favourite comment from the previous month - get involved for your chance to win...
Users must be logged in to Facebook to view and add comments. Comments do not reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.