Rivervale's Guide to the MINI Cooper Convertible
The MINI is an icon, instantly recognisable on the road with a quirky retro interior. It has been 25 years since the first convertible MINI was released combining the go-kart like fun of the MINI with open air joy of a convertible.
Our Account Manager Jordan takes you on a tour of the MINI convertible ...
Interior and exterior features
The MINI Convertible will comfortably seat 4 adults. When the roof is up there is 215 litres of boot space available, of course putting the roof down will reduce this to 160 litres. The roof is electrically operated, so all that is needed is the push of a button to raise or lower the roof. It will take 18 seconds for this to happen and you can operate the roof up to speeds of 18mph.
MINI convertible models available
MINI Cooper Convertible Trim Levels
The MINI Cooper is the entry level model with the following features as standard
- Tyre Pressure Warning System
- 15" alloy wheels
- LED headlights and rear lights
- LED foglights
- Boot release via remote control
- Rear parking distance control
- Stop/start button keyless start
- 6.5" infotainment screen
- DAB radio
There are 2 other models to choose from;
- The Cooper S adds 16" alloy wheels, sports seats and a sports leather steering wheel.
- The John Cooper Works model is the ultimate in sports expression adding 17" alloy wheels, cruise control with brake function, MINI driving modes, JCW sport leather steering wheel and JCW sports seats.
As well as the above trim levels to choose from, MINI also offer a range of optional packs;
- Pepper pack - this pack will add park distance control, sports leather steering wheel and rain sensors for auto wipers.
- Chili pack - this pack will add driving modes, automatic dual air conditioning, front sports seats and a sports leather steering wheel.
- JCW Chili - this is the ultimate sports styling adding a JCW steering wheels and an aerodynamic body kit.
MINI convertible engines
The Cooper comes with a 136HP petrol engine which produces 122-127g/km of Co2 and has fuel efficiency of 50.4-52.3mpg.
The Cooper S comes with a 192HP petrol engine which produces 41.5 - 46.6mpg and 129 -154g/km Co2.
The JCW has the sportiest engine of all with 231 PS with 136 -152g/km Co2 and 47.9 - 43.5mpg. This engine will race from a standstill to 62 mph in just 6.5 seconds.
MINI convertible technology
You will find a range of MINI Connected services in your convertible to make sure you are connected while you are on the go, including;
- Remote services - from an app on your smartphone you will be able to locate your MINI and make the lights flash or view a map. You will also be able to check whether you remembered to put the windows up and lock the doors, if you've forgotten you can lock your doors from your smartphone.
- MINI connected service - this service provides a range of apps inside your MINI including finding the nearest garage when it's time to top up the fuel tank, as well as weather reports and finding nearby parking spaces for you.
- Natural language understanding - in the past voice control has relied on a few key phrases, but now your MINI will be able to understand natural language so you can ask your MINI questions in the same way you would Siri or Alexa.
- Real time traffic updates - your satellite navigation will look out for any hold ups on your journey, whether from a traffic jam, roadworks or an accident and can then offer an alternative route where possible to make sure you still reach your destination on time.
- MINI findmate - for those who find themselves always leaving the house with something important left behind, your MINI can help you. You can attach a Bluetooth tracking tag to your essential items so that if you get in the car without them, your MINI can let you know.
Will you be driving a convertible this summer?
Leave a Facebook comment for your chance to win £20 of High Street Vouchers. Each month we pick our favourite comment from the previous month - get involved for your chance to win...
Users must be logged in to Facebook to view and add comments. Comments do not reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.