New Golf Estate MKVII Open For Ordering
Volkswagen is now ready to launch the ordering for its new MKVII Golf Estate this week, coming hotly off the back of the hatchback launch this version just adds to a vehicle that’s already considered a class leader. The Estate version with its additional flexibility and sensibility opens for ordering on July 2nd.
The car is to be manufactured in Germany, which should mean reduced factory to delivery times with initial production to start the week beginning Monday 29th July 2013.
Key model features:
One of the very 1st things noticeable about the Estate version is its remarkable flexibility and outstanding design features.
Flexibility: Release lever in boot for the backrest in the rear seats
Design: maximised interior cabin with 100L more volume for luggage, cockpit much more driver orientated
Luggage section enhancements
- Class-leader with a volume of 605L – 100 litres extra compared to its predecessor
- Luggage zone rises to 1,620 litres when rear seat-backs are folded down –125 litres more than previous
- Load area shield now able to be stowed under the flexible depth boot floor
- Level cargo floor when rear seating folded down, thus making for an easier job when loading lengthier items
- An possible addition of a 230v outlet in the baggage area (should it be required)
- The engine choices are as per the standard Golf, with both 1.2 and the 1.4-litre petrol versions in various outputs, there are also a 1.6 and 2.0-litre diesel TDI engine. The highpoints here are the 1.4TSI 140PS ACT, with cylinder deactivation.
- Delivered together with the Estate, the new Golf BlueMotion acquires a front-page grasping 88.3 mpg, and with a CO2 rating of just 85 g/km, manages to place it as one of the better efficiency achieving cars on the road today.
The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.
2 July 2013
Written by Rob