Leasing News – Time to Enjoy the Sun with a Convertible car?
When we take a break from searching out all the best personal and business leasing deals for our customers, we often gaze out the window at the sunshine and wish we could be enjoying it! The summer here in the UK is in full swing, and let’s face it; we have to enjoy every second as we will be back to dark nights and chilly air soon. A perfect way to get more time in the sun is in a convertible!
It’s been reported in the news recently that women over 50 are the most likely buyer for a convertible, helping to quadruple sales in the last 15 years. It’s understandable; once the children have left home a new convertible is a perfect reward for all those years of hard work. But should it be only women over 50 who are having all the fun? We take a look at the pros and cons of convertibles and the top 10 around…………
- Really not good as a family car, most only have 2 seats which rules out all the taxi driving most parents endure for years ….. Although a convertible may get you out of taxi duty so this could also be a pro!
- Limited boot space means bad news for the weekly shop ……. but good news for the waistline and wallet as you will only have room for the essentials!
- If you spend a fortune on new hair do’s then this will instantly be wasted money…however, if the look you are going for is windswept then a convertible is perfect for you!
- If you are worried about aging then perhaps don’t pick a convertible as all those extra UV rays could add a few unwanted wrinkles.
- No roof means no protection from ……… bird poo…….By the coast here in Sussex we would be at constant risk from seagull poo …… not a good look on your work suit!
But for every con there are so many more pros …. Here are just a few …..
- Unlimited head room makes a convertible ideal for anybody who is unusually tall, enjoys wearing large hats or is a fan of large hair up do’s.
- Whilst driving to work you can also work on your tan, so will save lots of money on spray tans and self-tan lotions.
- You will be healthier due to all the extra vitamin D your body can produce from the extra time in the sun.
- You get a perfect 360 degree view, with no pillars to block your view reduced blind spots will surely make your driving even safer than it already is!
- A convertible means you don’t have to use to door to get in …… You can finally perfect the ‘jumping in’ car entry method we have all seen in the movies!
- Honestly, convertibles look great and are just fun!
So we are all sold convertibles are the way forward just carry extra sun cream to protect against the wrinkles and baby wipes to deal with any bird poo! But which convertible should you get? We have many convertibles available for personal and business lease, so many to choose from, as a helping hand Honest John compiled a list of the top 10 convertibles as voted by his readers, the results are below ……….
- In the top spot the Audi TT
- The BMW 6 Series Convertible
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet
- The Volvo C70
- The VW Golf Cabriolet
- Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet
- Jaguar XK Convertible
- BMW Z4
- Mazda MX-5
- Lastly the Mini Convertible!
The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.
8 July 2014
Written by Rivervale