Saving Money On Fuel...
With fuel prices only ever seeming to be on the rise and more and more people choosing their next cars to be as economical as possible, fuel is becoming a massive pain for people right throughout the country.
With everyone looking at ways on how to cut back on fuel or more fuel efficient driving. Here are a few tips that might cut back those pennies!
- Try and get into a higher gear as soon as possible.
- Most new/modern cars waste practically no fuel when turned on and off, when it is safe to do so, try and turn your engine off to reserve fuel.
- Avoid unnecessary fast driving, it burns fuel quicker. For example when you drive at 85MPH compared to 70 MPH it will burn 25% more fuel.
- Try and make sure the car is as light as possible, the heavier the load is in your car the more the fuel consumption is.
- Only use your air conditioning when absolutely necessary, your car has to work a lot harder to power the Air Con. If you’re not driving at a particularly fast speed, open the window instead.
- Make sure you check your tyre pressures are right before a journey, particularly a long journey. An underinflated tyre can increase fuel consumption by up to an extra 5%.
The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.
25 November 2013
Written by Jordan