The New BMW X2
The first ever BMW X2 is now available! The X2 is the newest member of the BMW X family and is a Sports Activity Coupe. It comes with a brand new to BMW trim level the M Sport X and a range of tempting colours.
Our Account Manager Abbie shows you around the BMW X2 M Sport ...
Interior and exterior features of the BMW X2
On the outside the BMW X2 has blended the sporty silhouette of a coupe with rugged BMW X looks. The X2 features redesigned kidney grille, raised headlights, a gently sloping roofline and twin tailpipes. You can opt for a panoramic sunroof.
On the inside, the dashboard is uncluttered with features controlled from a central touchscreen. The boot has a capacity of 470 litres with the rear seats organised in a 20/40/20 split to offer flexible storage space.
There are the usual Black, Blue, Silver and Grey variations to choose from for your exterior colour, as well as a few more interesting options such as; Sparkling Storm, Sunset Orange, Misano Blue and Galvanic Gold.
BMW X2 technology
Your X2 will come with access to the BMW Connected App which boasts a range of features to keep you connected to your car, even when you aren't in it;
- Learned Destinations: If there are places you regularly travel to these will be automatically shared in your destinations. Those that are repeatedly visited will automatically display at the correct time.
- Compatible with Amazon Echo: You can ask Alexa to lock your car or let you know when it's time to leave for your next meeting.
- Remote Services: You can find the location of your vehicle and even lock or unlock doors from your phone.
- Door to Door Guidance: Receive walking directions from wherever you are to the location of your car.
- Time to Leave Notifications: These can be sent to any compatible smartphone or smartwatch and will have taken into consideration the traffic conditions, so you are never late again.
Every X2 will also have BMW ConnectedDrive. This technology includes Real Time Traffic Information and emergency call, which can send the location of your vehicle to an emergency centre in the event of an accident. You will also benefit from BMW Teleservices which can send automatic reminders about servicing and maintenance requirements.
BMW X2 trim levels
There are four trim levels available on the BMW X2. The first 3 are the familiar SE, Sport and M Sport. BMW are introducing a brand new trim level with the X2 - the M Sport X, which will be the top of the range X2 with Dakota leather upholstery and exclusive M Sport X bodystyling.
Examples of features to be found at each level can be seen in the table below;
|SE||Sport (in addition to/ in replacement of SE)||M Sport (in addition to/ in replacement of Sport)||M Sport X (in addition to/ in replacement of M Sport)|
|17" alloy wheels||18" alloy wheels||19" alloy wheels with run flat tyres||Dakota leather upholstery|
|Automatic air conditioning||Ambient LED interior lighting||M aerodynamic bodystyling||Satin aluminium exterior trim|
|Bluetooth||LED headlights||M rear spoiler||M Sport X aerodynamic bodystyling|
|BMW ConnectedDrive including emergency call, navigation, real time traffic info, remote services, online services.||LED front foglights||M sport multifunction steering wheel||Roof rails in matt alumiunium|
|Cruise control with braking function||Front sports seats||M sport suspension|
|DAB digital radio||Heated front seats|
|Driving modes: ECO PRO, Comfort and Sport||Remote key with M-specific detailing|
|Rear parking sensors|
BMW X2 Packs
In addition to the above features, BMW offer several packs to choose from including;
- The Tech Pack: This adds the latest generation BMW navigation system along with enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging.
- The Vision Pack: You will gain a reversing camera, anti-dazzle driver's side mirror, automatically dimming rear view mirror and electrically folding exterior mirrors.
- The Comfort Pack: Adds a heated steering wheel, electrically adjustable seats with memory function and adjustable lumbar support.
- Plus Pack: This pack is not available on SE models and offers 19" alloy wheels with run flat tyres, extended lighting, loudspeaker system and sun protection glass.
The X2 comes with 1 petrol engine the sDrive20i which is the most powerful with 192HP, mpg figures range from 47.9 - 51.4 depending on whether you opt for a manual or automatic gearbox.
There are 2 diesel engines to choose from. The 18d comes with 150HP and can be an sDrive or xDrive engine. The sDrive version has the higher mpg figures of 60.1 -62.8 and the lower C02 emissions ranging from 118-124Co2 g/km.
The most powerful diesel engine is the xDrive 20d with 190HP, with a 0-62mph time of 7.7 seconds. 124-128g/km of Co2 is emitted with 57.6-60.1mpg achievable. There is no sDrive version available with this engine.
Prices for the X2 begin at around £30,000
What do you think of the BMW X2?
Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of High Street Vouchers. Each month we pick our favourite comment from the previous month - get involved for your chance to win...
The comments above do not necessarily reflect Rivervale's views unless clearly stated.