The 6th Generation 2019 Mitsubishi L200
The Mitsubishi L200 is on it’s sixth generation and has been given a new exterior revamp for 2019!
Back in 1980 was when the first Mitsubishi L200 was made, but back then it had a different name - the Forte!
The L200 Barbarian has received a new front design which has given it a more aggressive look. A brand new MIVEC engine has been fitted which means it’s the only pick-up about with variable valve timing! The pick up has a super select 4WD that gives it total control in all conditions. The 4WD can be used to face bad conditions and surroundings but can also be switched to 2WD for calmer conditions to help save fuel and money.
It has the ability to drive more than 650 miles in a single tank of fuel, this is due to the brand new MIVEC engine that has been fitted which is also 30KG lighter then the previous engine that was used.
Exterior & Interior
All of the L200’s manual gearboxes have improved as well, they are more smooth and have reduced the shift length on them which gives it more of that car feel when changing gear. It is equipped with trailer assist stability making towing much safer so when towing 3.5 tonnes it becomes a breeze in the park.
Off-road driving modes are installed into the pickup truck which responses to how the gearbox, throttle and stability controls performs. This means you can get the traction you need whilst driving without having to worry about a thing. Silver side steps are attached to the pick up making it easy to step in and out of the truck and 17” alloys are standard on the L200.
There is a front centre armrest with storage bin plus a rear centre armrest with cupholders, along with this the steering wheel is leather and is equipped audio controls. A 7-inch touchscreen is built in the dashboard with a good range of apps installed on it with added Bluetooth music streaming, so you're able to play your favourite music from your smartphone through the pick-up’s speakers! Once you’ve connected your smartphone to the Bluetooth it will automatically connect every time.
- Cruise control – It is a system that controls the speed you set of the pick-up. You will continue coasting at your selected speed until you deactivate the cruise control by pressing the brake or clutch.
- Bluetooth audio streaming – You're able to wirelessly connect to the pick-up’s speakers and play music.
- Steering wheel audio controls – On the steering wheel, controls are installed on to it so you're able to interact with the audio system which is designed to make it less dangerous whilst driving.
- Hill start assist – When making a hill start on a decline or incline it temporarily stops you from rolling backwards or forwards. It works by giving pressure to the braking system for an extra 2-3 seconds whilst your moving your foot from the brake to the accelerator.
- Trailer Stability Assist – The pick-up will identify any swaying when towing a trailer and can apply a braking force to every wheel to prevent any movement.
Mitsubishi L200 Models:
- Club Cab 4 Life
- Double Cab 4 Life
- Double Cab Challenger
- Double Cab Warrior
- Double Cab Barbarian
- Double Cab Barbarian X