The New Seat Ateca - A Guide from Rivervale
The SUV segment remains as popular as ever, with nearly all manufacturers ensuring they have a model in the mix. Seat were a little late to the party with their SUV the Ateca, but they have made a notable entrance winning the WhatCar? Award for Best Small SUV 2017.
The Seat Ateca was only revealed in June 2016 with a surprise party at the Tower Bridge Studios. The first SUV from Seat has been warmly received winning the WhatCar? 2017 award for Best Small SUV, with judges noting value for money, impressive driving experience and top notch infotainment system.
On the outside sharp lines create a distinctive style and with the most up-to-date safety features NCAP has awarded their 5* seal of approval.
Our Account Manager Rob decided he needed a closer look at the Seat Ateca, so here is his guide to the newest SUV around …
Engines Available in the Seat Ateca
Engines wise there are 3 petrol and 3 diesels to choose from. Petrol wise there is the 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115PS 6 Speed manual and 1.4 Eco TSI 150PS 6-Speed engine with a manual or automatic version. Diesel engines provide the most economical and most powerful choices. The most economical engine is the 1.6 TDI Ecomotive 115PS 6-speed manual engine which achieves 65.7 mpg. The most powerful is the 2.0 TDI 4DRIVE 190PS 7-Speed DSG Auto engine which is also the fastest with a 0-62 mph time of only 7.5 seconds and a top speed of 132 mph. This engine is only available with the Xcellence trim level. The third diesel engine sits in-between these two and is a 2.0 TDI 4DRIVE 150 PS 6-speed manual.
Safety Features and Driver Aids
The Seat Ateca has been awarded a 5* rating from Euro NCAP which is the highest award that can be given. The Ateca uses the very latest in safety technology and includes the following;
- Front Assist - the Ateca will monitor the distance between you and the car infront, giving you a warning if you are too close, if you do not respond, vehicle speed will be reduced for you.
- Traffic Jam Assist with Emergency Braking - sensors will assess the distance between you and other vehicles, controlling acceleration and deceleration for you and keeping your vehicle in lane.
- Blind Spot Detection - this feature will let you know about any approaching vehicles you may not otherwise see.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert - when you are reversing out of a parking space this feature will let you know if there is another vehicle or pedestrian likely to cross your path.
- High Beam Assist - your full beams will be automatically dimmed to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic.
- Lane Assist - will let you know if you are wandering out of your lane and guide you back if needs be.
- City Emergency Braking
- Wireless Charger - just place your phone in the designated charging zone and charge on the go.
- 360 Degree View Camera - makes parking easier by providing an all-round view of your vehicle and surrounding area.
- Park Assist - uses ultrasonic sensors to let you know how close you are to other vehicles or objects while parking.
- Electric Tailgate - waving a foot by a sensor underneath the rear bumper will automatically open the boot for you when your hands are full.
Trim Levels Available with the Seat Ateca
There are 5 trim levels available to choose from with the entry level S covering all the basics, the SE level adding a touch more luxury, SE Technology adds navigation, FR is for those who want a sporty look and feel, then Xcellence is the most luxurious of all the trim levels on offer. Examples of features within each trim level can be seen in the table below.
Seat Ateca Trim Levels
|S||SE, in addition to S features||SE Technology, in addition to SE features||FR, in addition to SE features||Xcellence, in addition to SE features|
|16" alloy wheels||17" alloy wheels||18" Bi-Colour alloy wheels||18" performance alloy wheels||28" performance alloy wheels|
|LED daytime running lights||Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors||Full LED headlights||High gloss black grille||High gloss black grille|
|Rear fog light||Electrically folding door mirrors||Automatic headlight adjustment||Chrome double exhaust pipe||Chrome double exhaust pipe|
|Media System Touch including; 5" screen, USB, FM radio, Bluetooth||LED taillights||Navigation system||Full LED headlights||Full LED headlights|
|Steering wheel mounted radio and phone controls||Black roof rails||Aluminium roof rails||Front LED fog lights with cornering function||Aluminium roof rails|
|Electric parking brake||Front fog lights with cornering function||Chrome window surrounds||Body colour wheel arch surrounds||Dark tinted rear windows|
|Air conditioning||Media System Plus including; 8" screen, USB, FM radio, integrated voice control,CD player||Dark tinted rear windows||Chrome window surrounds|
|Tyre pressure monitor||Full link including; Mirror Link, Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto||Aluminium roof rails||Navigation system|
|Front assist||Cruise control||Chrome window surrounds||Sports seats|
|City emergency braking||Dual-zone climate control||Navigation system||Black interior roof|
|Pedestrian protection||Seat Drive Profile with Driving Experience Button includes 4 driving modes.||Sports seats||Keyless enter and go|
|Hill hold control||Black interior roof||Connectivity hub with wireless phone charger|
|Tiredness recognition||Rear view camera||Convenience pack including; auto diming rear view mirror, auto headlights with follow me home function, rain sensing wipers|
|Front and rear seatbelt reminders||Aluminium pedals||Winter pack including; heated front seats, headlight washer system, wash water level indicator|
|Rear view camera|
Many features can be added as options and several are grouped together into the following packs;
- Xcellence pack: electric handsfree tailgate, top view camera and park assist parking sensors.
- Driving Assistance Pack 1: lane assist and high beam assist
- Driving Assistance Pack 2; lane assist, high beam assist and traffic sign recognition
- Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: traffic jam assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert
As well as those above you can also opt for the family pack, business pack, gadget pack or protection pack to make your Ateca exactly right for you!